Providing Goods & Services to People with Disabilities
MDP LLP is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. All matters discussed with a client of MUP LLP in the presence of a support person will be deemed private and confidential.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities at either our Mississauga or Oakville locations. MDP LLP will notify customers promptly by posting a notice at reception. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed at both the Mississauga and Oakville office locations.
Training for staff
MDP LLP will provide training to all partners, employees, contractors and students who deal with the public or other third parties on behalf of the firm.
This training was provided to current staff. New employees, contractors and students will receive training as part of their new employee package within one week of hiring.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- MDP LLP’s accessible customer service plan
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing MDP’s goods and services. Ask the person how s/he can be accommodated and what alternative methods of service MDP LLP can provide that would be more accessible.
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way MDP LLP provides goods and services to people with disabilities can provide feedback through e-mail, verbally speaking with any member of MDP LLP’s staff, or by sending written notice by regular mail. All feedback will be directed to May Maltby or Carolyn Koshan. Customers can expect to hear back in 5 business days. Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of MDP LLP that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
Last updated: November 27th, 2014