Since 1992, our track record of timely, expert financial advice has delivered desired results. At MDP LLP we keep our promises, and do exactly what we say we will do. Our clients thank us with their loyalty, and by referring us to their colleagues and business associates. MDP combines the knowledge and experience of a large public accounting firm with the personal attention and availability our clients appreciate from a hands-on entrepreneurial firm.
Current Job Opportunities At MDP
Below is a list of current job opportunities we are hiring for at MDP. Click the job title to learn more.
Due to continued growth, MDP LLP seeks an experienced Staff Accountant who, under the supervision of our Partners, will provide dependable and customer-centric accounting and business support to our small business clients. Working from our Oakville location, the experienced Staff Accountant has ‘been there, done that’, and takes great pride in the customer service they provide for corporate accounting and general bookkeeping needs of our valued clients.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Using your vast experience, develop effective working relationships with clients, seek to understand their business environment, and respond effectively to client requests
- Recognize and anticipate client issues and risks, assesses alternative solutions and take appropriate actions under the direction of a Partner
- Apply technical knowledge and research in formulating client and firm related recommendations
- Prepare personal (T1), corporate (T2) tax returns, and client year-ends
- Perform various analyses and prepare account reconciliations
- Prepare and review financial statements
- Perform accounting/bookkeeping services for clients including software assistance and set-up
- Other related duties as assigned
Education and other requirements:
- Successful work experience in a similar position in a public accounting environment is required
- Post-secondary education in a relevant Accounting program is preferred
- Prior achievement of the CPA designation (currently in good standing) and/or equivalent is an asset
- Proficiency with an accounting program such as Caseware required
- Working knowledge and adaptability with various programs such as ACCPAC, Quick-books, Sage 50, Simply Accounting is required
- Strong financial accounting skills required, including tax returns, file preparations, account reconciliations, financial statements, bookkeeping, etc.
- Understanding of applicable payroll concepts preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills, with previous experience in a customer service related position; strong interpersonal, relationship building skills and professionalism
- Strong commitment to continuous learning
- Reliable vehicle and good driving record required as this role will require limited local travel
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume to [email protected], citing the position title in the subject line of your email.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Selected candidates with disabilities who require special needs in the selection process will be accommodated to the best of our ability.
Since 1992, MDP’s track record of timely, expert financial advice has delivered desired results. We keep our promises and do exactly what we say we will do. Our clients thank us with their loyalty, and by referring us to their colleagues and business associates. MDP combines the knowledge and experience of a large public accounting firm with the personal attention and availability our clients appreciate from a hands-on entrepreneurial firm.
Send Us Your Resume
We thank all applicants for their interest in MDP, but only those under consideration will be contacted. Please do not call our offices inquiring about positions.