Since 1992, our track record of timely, expert financial advice has delivered desired results. At MDP LLP we keep our promises, and do exactly what we say we will do. Our clients thank us with their loyalty, and by referring us to their colleagues and business associates. MDP combines the knowledge and experience of a large public accounting firm with the personal attention and availability our clients appreciate from a hands-on entrepreneurial firm.
We are currently hiring for staff accountants for our Hamilton office. (Click the job to learn more!)
The Staff Accountant is a professional who, under the supervision of our Partners, will provide dependable and customer-centric accounting and business support to our small business clients. The successful candidate must be interested in continuous learning in our flexible work environment that is conducive to strong work/life balance and teamwork.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build effective working relationships with clients, seek to understand their business environment, and respond effectively to client requests
- Recognize and anticipate client issues and risks, assesses alternative solutions and take appropriate actions under the direction of a Partner
- Apply technical knowledge and research in formulating client and firm related recommendations
- Prepare client files including Notice to Readers and Review Engagements
- Prepare personal (T1) and corporate (T2) tax returns
- Perform various analysis and prepare account reconciliations
- Prepare and review financial statements
- Perform bookkeeping services for clients including software assistance and set-up
- Other related duties as assigned
Education and other requirements:
- Achievement of a Professional Accounting Designation (or in progress) preferred, or equivalent in education and experience required
- Successful work experience in a similar position in an public accounting environment is an asset
- Proficiency with an accounting programs such as Caseware required
- Working knowledge and adaptability with various programs such as ACCPAC, Quick-books, Sage 50, Simply Accounting is required
- Strong financial accounting skills required, including tax returns, notice to reader, account reconciliations, financial statements, bookkeeping, etc.
- Understanding of applicable payroll concepts preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills, with previous experience in a customer service related position; strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong commitment to continuous learning
- Reliable vehicle and good driving record required as this role will require limited local travel
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume to [email protected], citing the position title in the subject line of your email.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Selected candidates with disabilities who require special needs in the selection process will be accommodated to the best of our ability.